Friday, August 07, 2009

And this is why people need to be dispassionate

I am not, by nature, an emotional person. I can give a very good impression of an emotional person. In fact, I shall do it now;

Drat! I should have used the phrase "I'm not an emotional person, I just play one on a blog!" That would have been awesome, but now the opportunity has passed! Curses!"

See? Entirely faked.

There is an advantage to not being emotional - you don't get carried away. My eBay sales have just broken $400 - thanks in no small part to the craziness of two bidders bidding on this item. The item in question is an Emperor Class Battleship for Battlefleet Gothic and - at the time of typing, when there is about 2 min left to go on the auction, it is running at $37.

Look upon this page, wherein one can buy a brand new, unassembled, complete and totally in a box version of the same model. Do we notice anything a more observant, less emotional person might have noticed?

Ah, yes.

Still. $400. Can't beat that with a stick. This last-minute frenzy is the only reason I stayed up to watch the bidding. My wife is damn cute, and it takes a lot to keep me out of her bed. Emotional insanity is one such thing.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Queen Anne said...

Rather disappointing, when looking at the page, it says the winning bid is $37.00.


I've been lied to.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home