Saturday, December 24, 2005

T'was The Night Before Christmas...


...and all through the house, not a Muffin was stiring, not even a Hodge.

I've been kicked out of my own kitchen. I can't even peak in to see what is setting off the smoke detector and making the place smell heavenly. It has something to do with chicken that has been in a marinade for days, broccoli, carrots, potatoes, rice, and who knows what else!!

Tonight we will have an early dinner, then I have to sing at 6pm Mass. We will come home and relax for a bit, maybe take a nap, then go back for the big Midnight Mass celebration!!! I'm so excited!

Last night was, I think, my favorite night together so far. I made a nice dinner, then we played (American) Trivial Pursuit. It never occured to me that his questions would be totally different, but it makes sense. We had a blast laughing at all the stupid questions. Then I taught him Uno - and that was pretty fun as well. A little cuddle/tickle fest on the couch, and then off to bed with wine headaches. But it was normal, and calm, and sweet, and I can't wait till he is here for good.

Oh - - and he would give me a hard time if I failed to mention that he beat me at both games on my own turf. :-)

Merry Christmas!!

~Liza

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home