Monday, August 10, 2009

eBay update

Well, not many updates over the weekend, mainly because I was listing more items, many items were ending and it was all a wee bit complicated.

Anyway, I think we have a definitive break now - there has been a day or so without any auctions ending, and the next auctions (of my stuff) end tomorrow.

So, here is the breakdown - so far eBay stuff has sold for $391.18, and the multiple auctions I have up at the moment are running at $28.04 currently. We were forced to take down the stuff we were selling for a friend - it simply was not generating interest, and we did not want things to go for nothing. So, we are out a couple of bucks of seller's listing fees.

Similarly, three items we are selling for Liza's mother are not selling right now, although there is some interest. Those auctions also negatively impact our profits.

Because I am waiting for some people to pay for items, and because I have paid seller's fees up front, it is difficult to give a meaningful profit margin. I must admit that I am annoyed by the various fees eBay and PayPal take - but, I suppose, this is the cost of doing business.

However, currently the items which will sell or have sold are running at $419.22, which is not too shabby. I have every confidence this number will rise to the mid $400s by the time all the items have sold, as most have several watchers but not many bids and are currently very low-priced.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home