Monday, January 30, 2006

Nesting...

It's what pregnant women when they are expecting a baby in the home. Some how I've started doing that to prepare for a husband.

As soon as he left, I kicked into gear on the bathroom. I've been here for about five years now. It's a sweet little house, little being the key word next to what most people feel they need to live in these days. And with only one bathroom. The rest of the house is very cute, and came to me with fresh paint, new carpet, new furnace, and other nice new shiny things. But the bathroom -------- it was the room from hell. Pepto pink PLASTIC tile covered the walls and ceiling. The only way to get rid of it - rip the walls down to the studs, and put up drywall.

Until a friend at work told me she painted her plastic tile!!! I didn't have the nerve to try it - but finally, with nesting mode kicking in, and wanting to have a nice little place for us to start a life in, I got brave.

I could not be happier!! Why did I wait so long!!? With a huge amount of help from Daddy and Sharon, we installed cabinets and light fixture, the three of us working together like two nurses with a brain surgeon, handing Dr. Papich the needed tools as requested. And we didn't even kill each other in the process. This past weekend I finished the last of the paint, put up the shower curtain and some temporary curtains on the window. All I wanted to do was stand there and look at it.

So - here are some photos of my ittsy-bittsy-yellow-polka-dot---potty. From the ugly stage to where we are now. Still not totally done, I need a towel bar and a robe hook hung, and some knick-knacks, but that will happen. I'm just happy to now show off a bathroom I don't have to appologize for, and is as cute as the rest of the house.

As always - click on the photos to make them larger.


Pretty in pink? I think not!!!











And the rusted medicine cabinet was such a nice touch.










Yes - that really is plastic tile on the ceiling! And with all that nice oozing glue between the tiles! The guy who did this was a real architect too, notice how nicely they are cut to fit. For the sake of your own sanity as well as mine, I've left out the corner where he just painted the wall pink because the tiles didn't fit, or the ones pieced in like jack-o-lantern teeth around the window.

This is half way in - there was not turning back now!! I sing the praises of Gliddon Gripper - totally amazing stuff.









Dr. Papich during a very delicate procedure.













After the work - now it's just pretty.













Next to go is the lace on the window, but it was better than the plain blind.












Just another glamour shot of my bitsy bath.











Must get that door knob back on so I don't lock myself in the bathroom again....good thing Sharon was around to let me out!!

The photos just don't do it justice - but trust me, after living with the plastic tile from hell, this is just bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home