Tuesday, August 08, 2006

23 days!!!

Time for an update – it’s been over a month so I think we are due.

As of today, 23 days and Simon will be here!! Oh my!!!!

Preparing for guests to arrive is one thing. You tidy the house, you make the beds with fresh linens, you dust and dust again.

But preparing for your future husband to come – forever - is a completely different concept. How DO you prepare for such a thing? I can do the tangible, like moving things around, making space in closets and drawers, ensuring he has room for his boxes when they arrive for the shipper. All the nesting stuff.

But how do you really prepare for the rest of your life with another person? I think the short answer is, you don’t. You can ask all the what if questions, till you are so tangled up in hypotheticals, that you can’t even think straight.

Or, you can just have Faith.

This is how I have decided to handle this massive and amazing preparation. With Faith.
Way back at the beginning of our courtship, I asked Simon, what if?? How do we know? And his answer was, simply, “How does anyone ever know?” And he’s right. No one who ever takes this step from being alone to being part of another person, ever knows what they are getting into. You just do it on Faith. You pray that you have made the right decisions, and the rest is up to God.

And so this is how I’m approaching this whole amazing adventure we are on. I’m putting it in God’s hands, and letting Him run with it. He’s had pretty good success with the whole universe and stuff, I figure He can handle this.

Oh – and in the process, I’ll bounce around like an excited little kid waiting for Christmas, just knowing that soon he will be here!! Finally!!! And no more email, webcams, or headsets for us!! Woo hoooooo!

23 days and counting!!

~Liza

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home