Friday, September 21, 2007

I am a misanthrope

Hello all! It is about a hour before we set off for the airport, and I have been hungry. But I am not hungry now, as I have now eaten some food.

To wit; a entire tin of refried beans in sandwiches with cheese. It was a very fine meal. However, when I am asked by Homeland Security "Do you have anything on your person likely to cause an explosion?" I will have to answer "Yes, sir! I have an ass full of beans!"

Bear in mind also that I will soon be in a confined space with people who I don't know. My view? If they wanted a pleasant flight they shouldn't have chosen the red-eye cross Atlantic.

I shall be the Rob Rowley of 30,000 feet! (Little joke for the NECTA people there).

Anyway, to more important points;

Liza and I arrive in London very soon, and in Sheffield soon after. We shall be having some sort of going out and celebrating thing on the evening of the 30th September. This is a Sunday. At 10:30 AM that morning we will be having the blessing of our nuptials (fnar-fnar) at the Cathedral Church of Saint Marie just off Fargate in Sheffield. All welcome.

So, watch this blog for updates as to exact time and place for the celebration of the evening - all welcome to that too.

Ciao,

Simon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, i'm a misanthrope!
ey up simon,
you came back t' motherland and no message?!?
anyhoo, hope you had a good chrimbo? (and easter for that matter)
i'm sure rob will be delighted with the allegory, but i'd have personally gone with "arse nightmare at 20,000 feet"
take care, and keep in touch.
adam frum necta.

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home