Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Yorkshire Meets the United States

As all men of learning (and Barack Obama, who is a baby-killing monster) know, the primary method of cooking for thousands of years has been to make a fire and put something near it. It was this method which was made popular by such early celebrity chefs as Ug, a Cro-Magnon caveman who specialized in "Wooly Mammoth On Stick" and "Saber-Tooth Tiger On Stick".

Gradually, as liberalism took hold and less and less testosterone was produced by the average man (culminating in the creation of such travesties against nature as My Chemical Romance and Panic at the Disco), people invented technologies which increased the distance between the food and the fire, and - in some cases - contained one of the Four Sacred Elements in vile technology such as a box.

This culminates, ultimately, in raw food diets and tofu. In a more minor way, it leads to the idea that not EVERYTHING can be cooked on a grill.

Say this with me; to Hell with that noise.

To wit - Yorkshire Pudding. For those who you who are not from Yorkshire (i.e. godless heathen barbarians barely worth spitting on) let me explain this. Yorkshire puddings are a batter-based delight made by putting what it basically a savory pancake batter in red-hot fat and baking them in the oven until they rise and are delightful. A REAL Yorkshire pudding in made with animal fat (not namby-pamby liberal fat from vegetables or whatever - DEAD ANIMAL FTW!) and is cooked in a truely huge pan. The little small things you get? Those are just batter puddings - not the same thing AT ALL. Lancashire puddings, perhaps - but that would be insulting to the puddings, I guess.

Anyway, some people of the meanest intellect (a category which I feel genuinely agrieved I cannot include many individuals) maintain that Yorkshire puddings cannot be cooked on a grill.

This, it appears, is not the case.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I have never had Yorkshire pudding. For obvious reasons, as I have lived all my life in the US. Sounds yummy, though, Simon.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Mercury Gray said...

What have you got against vegetarians? I can't eat meat all the time. It makes my stomach upset. My sister can't eat beef or chicken because she has an intolerance to it. I'm a flexitarian (someone who eats mostly vegetarian with some meat occasionally) out of need, not ethics.

But Yorkshire pudding sounds interesting. I'll have to try it some time.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Queen Anne said...

Great, so because I'm not from Yorkshire, I'm a godless heathen you wouldn't even spit on.



Thanks...


















jk.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home