Tuesday, August 09, 2005

It boggles the mind...

Today, in the midst of trying to work, I've been running through my mind all the "stuff" that needs to happen between now and next year. This is only a partial list:
  • Plan and organize a wedding with a fiance who lives a zillion miles away
  • Investigate how and when to apply for Simon's fiance visa
  • Apply for and fret over the visa until it is granted
  • Get married -WOO HOO!!
  • Investigate how and when to apply for my spouse visa to immigrate to the UK
  • Apply for and fret over the visa until it is granted
  • Research how to get the Muffin Cat to England with me and avoid six months of quarantine for her little self
  • Find a job - hopefully transferring with current company - in Sheffield
  • Simon finds us a place to live
  • Liquidating the contents of my home down to that which I can't live without (this will not be easy - I will need you, Beth, to keep me strong and help me leave stuff behind!!)
  • Determine how said contents will be shoved into a tiny box and floated over the ocean
  • Sell a house (boo hoo)
  • Coordinate my flight with that of the Muffin Cat so we can arrive in London together

Mind you - behind every item above are about a dozen sub tasks to make it happen. (Thank God I'm a Project Manager!!) This is only a partial list. Unfortunately, with Simon being so far away, I will do this mostly by myself. I'm not complaining about it, don't get me wrong! I'm actually so excited about it all that sometimes I'm just blown away that it's actually happening!

Still - it's very very overwhelming. I want to be in England so badly I can't stand it. But the thought of everything that has to happen to make that a reality is - wow - it's something else. This is no vacation I'm taking. This is completely uprooting my life and moving it, lock-stock-and-barrel (no, I'm not taking firearms with me) to what might as well be the moon. I realize the gravity of this decision (no moon pun intended).

But when I think about it and all the "stuff" I need to do, I can't imagine doing anything else. My Daddy has put it best when he's told me so many times - - you don't want to NOT do it and then live with the regret and wonder for the rest of your life, wondering....what if.

So - I'm doing it! I'm going to take this fairy tale to the next level and make it real. Not a real fairy tale, but a real life. My life. No - scratch that - OUR life. :-)

~Liza

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home