Monday, August 01, 2005

Just popping in to say hello!

It's been awhile since I've posted anything so thought I'd stop by to say hello and just say stuff.

Poor dear, Simon had tried to post a response to my most recent comments and I got upset so he deleted it. He is not as subtle as I, and I think that when he saw that I was feeling a bit attacked he just got a bit upset about it and would have offended just about everyone. He decided to delete his post. Perhaps it's just as well - it's over now and so we will just move on from here.

We still count the days till we are together - about 4.5 months from now. I'm sure some would wonder if, after not seeing each other for so long that we would be bored with it all or start to fall away from it. No - that's just not the case. I am every bit as much in love with him now as I was at the begining, almost a year ago. You know how they say that "you just know" when it's right? Well, that's the case here too. I just know it's right.

Yep - I feel like I have to defend us all the time because I know people think I'm crazy, or I'm going through a mid- life crisis or whatever. That's ok - I don't mind for a second having to talk about him - I could gush on about my Simon for hours if someone would let me. :-)

We have this really way cool and amazing thing called Skype that allows us to talk on a headset and microphone over the Internet for FREE!!! It's the coolest thing on the planet!! All thanks goes to the guy who was my seat mate on the flight to England, he told me about it as he lives in Boston and his girlfriend is in Holland - it's how they communicate every day. Everyone I know will be getting the link to sign up so I can talk to you all after I move!!

So - what's new with us? Not much really. We have been talking about what music to play at the wedding, what he is going to wear, where we will go for dinner the evening of the wedding day since our reception will be a luncheon. Just little stuffs.

I wrote to Simon's P's today to tell them the latest, just an email with some details and links to keep them up to day. I'm so sad that they won't be coming to the wedding, but we will have a very nice reception in England once I'm moved over and I will meet them at that time. Travel from where they live in Scotland is not like driving from Flint to Ferndale - it's long and expensive and complicated, so we will just see them once we get moved. In the mean time there's email.

I've had some bad days and good days as you can see from my previous posts. But for the most part I am in constant awe of how blessed I am in this life of mine. To have the life I have, the family, friends, job, home - there are so many who have so much less, and even less than less. I wake up every morning and say thank you to my God for my life - and for my Simon. How could anyone possibly be happier than I am right now? I don't see it as even being possible. Well, being together would be a start, but I take what I can get.

So - that's the latest! Not much of an update, but thought I'd stop in anyway. I'll try to get Simon to post something, but suspect he won't have much to say either. He will be here in December and we will have a fun time doing stuff - I'm sure he will post some updates then.

In the mean time - later taters! I'll be back!

~Liza

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home